This workshop is Kinect Accredited (PDP/s:2 PDPs)
The Level 1 Introduction to Kettlebell Training Workshop is geared toward the absolute Kettlebell Beginner. In this 4 hour workshop we will:
- Teach you how to competently and accurately perform all of the fundamental Kettlebell drills and movements.
- Help you to understand the underlying processes that make the Russian Kettlebell one of the most devastatingly effective workout tools available today.
- Demonstrate and help you to understand basics of the biomechanical, neurological and psychological principles of Kettlebell training.
- Provide you with skills to confidently and adequately teach the fundamental Kettlebell drills to clients and athletes
- Teach you the principles behind planning a Kettlebell training program
- Provide some samples of warm-up routines and training programs and progressions.
Venue: Kettlebell Athletica, Level 2, 178 High St, Prahran
Time: 13:00 pm – 17:00 pm
Date: Saturday, 12th Nov, 2011
What do I bring?
Just bring yourself and any food that you may require.
What can I expect at a 4 hour workshop?
First we will warm up with some joint mobility drills. We will then proceed to teaching Kettlebell basic skills and foundational exercises.
What exercises will I learn?
We will be teaching basic foundational Kettlebell skills and exercises including the:
- Turkish Getup Clean
- Clean and Press
- Kettlebell Squat
What will you provide?
We will provide kettlebells.
What should I wear?
Wear loose, comfortable workout attire and flat runners such as converse. No athletic shoes designed for aerobics, running, etc
Who are the instructors?
Phil Kourbatski, AKI and Jad Marinovic (See presenters sub-category)
Will I be able to purchase a Kettlebell the day of the workshop?
Yes! We will have various sizes of Kettlebells to purchase at special workshop day discount.